Sunday, July 30, 2006

What a weekend!

Well, what a week in fact. It's been a busy one to say the least.
Since I last posted my Ali Edwards book arrived and that has had me hooked. It is so useful and has helped me see matching and using patterned paper in a whole new light. I definitely feel much more confident already and I think I will refer back to it again and again (when I don't leave it in my desk drawer at work, doh!). I also received the next CJ in my group called Words of Wisdom. I haven't made a start on it yet though, although with so much to do and the UKS mini cyber crop starting on Wednesday I really should get it done in the next couple of days.
I've also been making a start on the 50 golden wedding party cards I have to make. I've sourced and bought the card required, ordered the blossoms and I just need the brads to match and I'm away. Oh, and the printer co-operating would be nice too!
I also made a beautiful card last night to congratulate dh's cousin on the birth of her second son this weekend. I'm so pleased with it but dizzy me forgot to take a photograph before I sent it on to her. Oh well, next time!
We had a great time on Friday enjoying leaving drinks for my two colleagues, who have both now left the office for pastures new. It will be very strange with just me and the new girl in the office tomorrow, not to mention very hard work and dare I say stressful. I'm sure I'll get to like her though, she sounds really nice.
Then we haven't done very much for the rest of the weekend because dh is ill, sort of. It started on Saturday morning when he cut himself - not too badly but it looked a lot worse than it actually was - and the sight of blood caused him to pass out and fall, hitting the bath and the floor quite hard. Then while he was unconscious he started shaking and his eyes were rolling back in his head. I was absolutely scared witless and ran off to phone an ambulance. He came round soon after but he was really unstable while the paramedics were with him. He didn't go to hospital but was advised to rest all weekend, hence ds and I staying in to nurse him better. I think he's fine today, he reckons he's not quite back to normal yet but he's eating great as usual and walking around and while I'm doting on him I'm sure he's just milking it for all it's worth - typical man! Doctor tomorrow for him though, just to be on the safe side.
So all in all, an eventful week. Got a long hard week ahead though with plenty to do at work and at home before dh's grandparents' golden wedding anniversary on Friday and dinner on Saturday.
Best go get some rest! Bye for now :)

No comments: