Thursday, June 03, 2010

Feeling sew sew

Yesterday was a sewing day, which was inevitable given my absolute bargain finds on Morley market - man I am soooo heading back there once I have some more pennies! It not only has a bargain wool shop (hurrah!) but also a bargain fabric shop with the most lovely off-cuts for just £1, and some of them are a really decent size. So I just couldn't not buy a few and came home with this little stash.

Anyway, of course then I just couldn't leave them alone and so thought I'd have a go at Amy Butler's hourglass pillow pattern, which is available for free on her website. I didn't follow the pattern exactly, more the theory of it, but I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I love this fabric, it has the most gorgeous silky sheen to it and looks great on either side (it's perfectly inverted on the reverse side). I have some more sweet fabric fat quarters winging their way to me and I can't wait to set about making more of these lovely cushions in different shapes and sizes in the fabrics I want to match our new bedroom when it's decorated.



Talking of our new bedroom, I have been busy researching and looking for wallpapers, paints, furniture fabrics and linen and have so far collected these, ahhhhhh.



And then there's this bargain bedset, which I just love, love, love, it's so pretty and summery. I have the Yorkshire Linen Company store to thank for that one (check them out online, they have a fantastic sale on right now).

I'm also hoping to get a couple of shabby chic-style pieces of furniture to tie together the look, fingers crossed I can find some I love and can afford (it seems to be no matter how old or poor your item is, you label it 'shabby chic' and it immediately demands a price of three times as much!)

Hmmmm, what to do with the short time left this evening? Knitting I think, it's quick to get out, doesn't create mess and I'm so close to finishing my shrug I could probably get it finished, yay!

Catch you soon. x

1 comment:

Rachel said...

wow great work hun, where did u store alex when u did all of that? i am reading sorry not been commenting feel like crazy busy lol