Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Car booty

Well we did it. Somehow we pulled off the impossible. We all managed to get up, ready and down to a car boot sale for an 8am start on Saturday. Wow. I just really wanted to go and nosey as I haven't been to one, not that I can remember anyway. I had been looking for some vintage- style photo frames for our new bedroom - sadly I didn't find any, but I did find these cute little polka dot planters for £1 and a similar cream one with a handle for 30p. So cute!





Gareth wasn't too impressed, until he found a stall with a few CDs and records he liked but didn't have in his 600-strong collection. Yet. But at 50p each I wasn't going to moan. And we also found these gorgeous little Mini Mode wellies for Alex, brand new for £1. He has been wearing them proudly for most of the day, bless him!




So what else have we done today? Gosh, what haven't we done?! Feeling all motivated by being up and out so early, we came home, made a cooked breakfast, tidied the kitchen, tidied the garden, made trips to the local household recycling centre, mowed the lawn, swept the driveway, tidied and hoovered out both cars, washed both cars, washed the windows and front door and now Gareth is running his parents to a Proms in the Park event. And we had time for a little play too. Phew! I was exhausted.












And this weekend I'll be doing it all again, except I'll be getting up even earlier to go sell at a car boot sale. I have been inspired by Gareth's cousin doing so well selling at one last weekend and because our house contains so much old stuff we just don't use, need or even want. So it's all going - if I can drag myself out of bed at 4.30am on Sunday, yes, 4.30am!!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

2 comments:

Sally said...

hey fellow camper!

the pics are gorgeous, the boys are so cute, bless them.

Love your little finds they are too cute, I hope you manage to make a good amount when its your turn.

Take care hun xx

Rachel said...

how great find hun, Rob loves car boot sales, a wonder he hasnt been to one now we have a car lol, good look on sunday, maybe sneak some of those 600 cds lol