Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fun and games, and CJs

Lots to update today! I've been busy pondering over my latest CJ entry. It's called Foods I love and although I am only the third person to receive it my two favourite foods - chocolate and Chinese - have been done already! Great minds think alike eh?! So I think I'm going to do cookies, I love them, especially the soft melt-in-your-mouth ones, yummy! I have no idea how my DLO will look yet though. The other two are absolutely gorgeous, I really want to maintain the high standards!

I just received a call from work (even though it's my week off!) and I'm now a very happy bunny. First of all I got my exclusive splash today (front page) with a fantastic story every newspaper in the region and the national newspapers will want now. Secondly a story I sold to a news agency got published in Full House magazine today, which means £100 commission is now winging it's way to me just in time for my birthday next week. And best of all because my deputy editor is off next week I am being temporarily promoted from senior reporter to chief reporter. I had wanted this role permanently when my colleague left it, but cost-cutting meant the company demoted the position to just a senior reporter position, which is what I already have. At least this way I'll get more responsibility and money for the week, and it will be good for my CV. It will mean a lot more work, especially as we have a new reporter starting on Monday and the other has only been with us for two weeks, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Gosh, and I only joined four months ago. I would never have had this opportunity at my last newspaper, so I'm really pleased I got transferred now :)

Anyway, enough about work. I'm taking part in the UKS promt scheme and today's prompt is; Who are the people you've met that you gained the most from?
I would have to say my great-grandmother or Nana. She taught me to knit and ignited my love of crafts from an early age, and she was so warm and kind.
Then of course there's my husband of two years, Gareth. In the seven years we've been together he has given me love, confidence, happiness and our beautiful son, who in turn has given me so much and made me a mummy, which I love being.

I've also being tagged with a little quiz. Here it is, with my answers:

1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be? I have no idea! I want to move, but not far, and I'm not exactly sure of where! Maybe a little village just the other side of town. We would be back in Leeds there, where we are both from, and it's a lovely quiet area still close to local amenities and motorways and with a lovely school for Harry. I think I'd be happy there.

2. What's your favourite article of clothing? My jeans, I'm never out of them at home. At work I prefer black or dark trousers, although thanks to the Next sale I'm happily sitting in a pair of brown combat-style trousers at the moment.

3. Favourite physical feature of the opposite sex? A nice smile and sexy eyes :)

4. What's the last CD you bought? KT Tunstall's album. I have no idea where it's gone though, I think my son has hidden it!

5. Where's your favourite place to be? At home, cuddled up with my husband, mmmm :)

6. Where's your least favourite place to be? Work on a Tuesday evening, right on deadline, when I have loads to do and it's getting late and I want to see my son before he goes to bed.

7. What's your favourite place to be massaged? My back, I think. I can't remember ever having a proper massage!

8. Strong in mind or strong in body? Definitely in mind, I'm a weakling!

9. What time do you wake up in the morning? When I really have to, when I've hit snooze three times already and I'm running late! Usually about 7.45am. I'm not a morning person, not until I've had my coffee anyway!

10. What is your favourite kitchen appliance? I don't cook, my husband does. I'd either burn it or give everyone food poisoning! Maybe the kettle, I can't go wrong with that!

11. What makes you really angry? Oh where do I start?! LOL! Dangerous drivers, like yesterday when one lady almost forced us off the motorway, rude and/or selfish people and any sort cruelty to children to name but a few.

12. If you could play any instrument what would it be? I'm really not musical. I think it would be cool to be able to play the piano though.

13. Favourite colour? Turquoise.

14. Sports car or SUV? A nice, economical sports car, like the Street Ka. I have a Ka and I love it, it's gorgeous and so cheap to run.

15. Do you believe in an afterlife? I'd like to think so. I don't know where though.

16. Favourite children's book? Anything by Roald Dahl.

17. What's your favourite season? Summer, I love sunshine and being warm and lightly tanned.

18. What is your least favourite household chore? Emptying my son's nappy bin, yuck!

19. If you could have one super power what would it be? To fly. I love heights and the views from up there would be amazing.

20. If you have a tattoo what is it? Just a little purple rose on my right shoulder. It was my favourite colour at the time.

21. Can you juggle? I used to be able to, not so much anymore.

22. The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to? My Nana (see above). I would ask her why she hoarded so much stuff in her flat!

23. What's your favourite day? Friday. My day off work that I spend with my son. Just him and me having fun.

24. What's in the boot of your car? New nappies, a pair of shoes and a newspaper.

25. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger? Hamburger, with cheese though, yum. Although I'm meant to be on a diet!

Right, got to go, back soon :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 'scoop' story. Love your LOs too.

Nickibee said...

Congrats too. Anything juicy? lol