Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lush, lush, lush!

That's the only way to describe my Lisa Bearnson All About Me kit that arrived today from the US. Absolutely, gorgeously lush! It's an 8x8 album and keepsake box with page protectors and bags upon bags of embelishments and alphabets. It cost only about £17 in Sterling ($15 for the kit and about another $15 delivery). And the best thing is that for each kit bought a donation is made to a breast cancer charity. I love mine so much I've just gone back to the site and ordered one as a Christmas present for my sister, who is fast getting into scrapping. I think she'll love having such a lovely kit that she can put together using the templates provided and I'm sure it will give her as much inspiration as it's already given to me.




I popped down to my local Book Depot today, or more commonly known as The Works, and picked up a lovely rose-coloured album and kit for £4.99. I also found some more lovely stickers, which will be great for scrapbooking and the occasional card I make too. I also bought the cutest reindeer soft toy in the Gap Outlet store, which will make a perfect present for my friend's new baby due early next month. Gosh I can't believe I have started my Christmas shopping so early this year. (I bet you lot have got all yours' done already haven't you?!)

One last thing before I go and watch the fab The Amazing Mrs Pritchard. A UKS blog prompt, which sparked a few thoughts. So my fascinating family history snippet of information is that I'm almost directly related to Dick Turpin the highway man! Honestly, my mum has researched our family history quite far back and it turns out a direct family member married his brother. If I could go back in time I would ask more questions to my Nana. She died seven years ago and I was too young to think to ask her about her family and about her life. I don't have a family history scrapbook, I leave that side of things to my mum, but I think I might be more interested in it all when I'm a little older. For now I have enough to do catching up with scrapping the here and now!

Bye for now :)

No comments: