Monday, January 03, 2011

Home sweet home

It was nice to get away for a couple of days and see family over new year, but it's good to be home. Nowhere quite compares, does it? There's nothing like the comfort and warmth of your own bed and your own pillow.

We did have fun in Bath & Bristol - here are a few snaps of time spent in the castle grounds and at Bristol Zoo.



















Think this might become a framed print one day, I just love the colour and rustic textures.












So new year and enjoying being back home has spurred me on to get our home decluttered, clean, tidy, smart and full of pretty things. Today I transformed the kitchen and as a reward treated myself to this...






I got another set, that spells 'cook' in black ceramics, and that's sitting comfortably on the other side. Some cute cupcake tea towels might also have accidentally fallen into my basket too lol! These latest purchases were all from a new homeware/bargain shop that's just opened two minutes away from our house and is open seven days I discovered today. Dangerous! I also popped to B&Q and picked up the accessories I needed to finally finish the home-sewn blinds in our bedroom and have ordered some lovely (hopefully) matching curtains in an online sale. See, I'm making progress!

And continuing on my mission to improve, tomorrow we are travelling out once more, this time to buy a replacement cooker hood bulb, finally, as well as some under-unit lighting to brighten up the kitchen. Then I want to paint the hallway, stairs and landing white. It's a huge area and a big job, but I just can't stand it that awful standard new home buttermilk colour any longer, it matches nothing grrrrr.

Hmmm, not sure I'm going to get everything I want done by the time I start work in two weeks, time and finances are in short supply, and i have two cheeky monkeys under my feet, but I'm going to give it my best shot! Here goes nothing!

xXx

2 comments:

Rachel said...

pleased you had a fun new year, and looks like you have big plans for this one, you can do it all before the 17th.x

Unknown said...

Glad you had a nice New Year... crossing fingers you can get a bit done before you start your new job, also good luck in the new job hun :)

You have been award The Stylish Blogger Award :)