Thursday, March 10, 2011

FO Friday - Hoot Hoot!

Yay! It's FO Friday! And I finally finished my Owls jumper and I love, love, love it! It fits beautifully and feels lovely.



Hmmm, not such a great photo (lack of natural daylight, camera battery dead, yada yada) but stick with me, I will return with better ones this weekend when I don't have long days at work and dark evenings to contend with. Oh and I have now grafted the underarm in case you were wondering what the gaping hole in the photo is! Now, I'm still in two minds as to whether or not to add little grey buttons for eyes or not? Or leave them off? What do you think?

I used Lion Jiffy yarn, which I bought while in the US last year, and although it knitted up fine I am a little worried about the potential for it to pill or bobble with wearing and washing so I must take good care of it. Easier said than done though, right?!

Anyhoo, I'm already tempted to knit another in either a purple or teal colour in a different yarn - please help me decide which colour!

But for now though I really must get on with my nephew's little knitted top - he is already four days overdue so I am cutting things a little bit fine! Luckily, it's a 6-9 month size I'm knitting so that should give me a little bit of breathing space!

Back soon, well hopefully, although I make no promises as you know what I'm like!

xXx

2 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

I love the sweater, Natalie! I fixed your link in the FO Mr Linky so that people are able to get here. You put an @ symbol instead of a .

Anyway, I can't wait to see better pics! If you make another, I think purple or teal would work. I'm in a teal mood lately, so that would probably be my vote (unless it's a light purple, then I'd go with that).

Marushka C. said...

The sweater is beautiful -- nice job! Isn't it great to find a pattern you enjoy so much you want to make another one right away? I love purple and teal, but especially teal. I don't know about the eyes -- I might do them on the front but not on the back? They still like owls without the buttons, too.