Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year Resolutions

Thought I'd pop on to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Hope you all had a good Christmas. December was absolutely hectic for me, and crafting and designing took a big of a back seat to working extra hours (boooo) and catching up with friends and family (yay). 

But I want to move forward in January, and achieve a few goals in 2014. Yes, I know New Year resolutions mostly don't work out, but actually I didn't do too bad this year and it gives me something to work towards. Hopefully, seeing them in black and white on here will give me that extra push!

So here goes, my goals for 2014:

1) Use my gym membership, at least 3 times each week, and get back (and stay) in shape. This includes eating better.

2) Travel more, see more of the world, even if it's just enjoying more days out and exploring new corners of the UK.

3) Take lunch to work. Not doing so is costing way too much, and offers few healthy choices. Time to sort this.

4) Save money. This includes finding savings, paying stuff off, working overtime, selling unwanted stuff online and being just generally better with money.

5) Dedicate more time to crafting and designing. I've made a good start but I really want to build on my design work this year and get properly established.

6) Get the house in order. De-clutter, clean and tidy, and stay on top of it. Also update some rooms and carry out all those odd jobs that need doing.

7) Spend more time with friends. Arrange more meet-ups and events and days/nights out :)

I realise that I won't achieve all of these, and even that some are not going to work together (there are only so many hours in the day!) but it's a start. I'll try give updates and let you know how I'm getting on.

Is anyone else making a resolution this New Year? Would love to hear them :)

Natalie x

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My New Years Resolutions sound a lot like yours :) More crafty and friend time, and more healthiness.

Happy new year, and I wish you a crafty year!